Group Fitness Membership Policies
Your OzSquad monthly membership allows you to come to any session(s) each week without needing to book in or specify which session you will attend. We want our membership to be as flexible as possible for our members – All we ask is that you commit for a month at a time.
Here comes the small print:
- Commitment to OzSquad is monthly (paid in advance). As soon as you have paid on the 1st of the month, you’re in!
- No refunds will be made in respect of missed sessions.
- Membership cannot be placed on hold mid-month.
- ‘Once-a-week’ members can make up the missed session at any point in the current calendar month and can carry forward one missed session to the next calendar month with an ongoing membership.
- ‘Twice-a-week’ members can make up the missed session at any point in the current calendar month and can carry forward two missed sessions to the next calendar month with an ongoing membership.
- ‘Unlimited’ members cannot carry forward any missed sessions.
- Carried over sessions must be used within the next calendar month otherwise, they are forfeited. Carried over sessions cannot be used after a membership has been cancelled or while it is on hold.
- Any additional missed sessions cannot be carried over to the next calendar month or be transferred to other clients.
- As soon as you have paid on the 1st of the month, you’re in! No refunds or deferrals will be made in respect of missed sessions.
- OzSquad sessions are capped at 18 to comply with local council license conditions (and more recently COVID regulations). To enable us to flexibly operate without a restrictive booking system we implement the following ‘over-flow’ policy for the rare occasions more than 18 participants attend any given session.
- If you arrive late to an already full session, you will be provided with a self-lead outdoor work-out to complete.
- If sessions are over capacity before the start time, a small group will be given the self-lead work-out to complete together. Members will be assigned to this work-out on rotation and will not be ‘bumped’ more than once per month.
Cancelling membership/putting it on hold for holidays:
- Membership for the NEXT calendar month can be cancelled (or pro-rated for holidays of one week or more) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. BEFORE the end of the current month. (Please note, notification must be received in office hours before month end to be actioned for the next month).
- There are no cancellation charges, joining fees or long lock-in periods.
- No refunds will be made in respect of any unused portion of the month membership fee in the event of cancellation before the month end or for non-attendance.
- If your membership is put on hold for longer than two months, the current advertised prices will be applicable upon re-joining.
Intro pass conditions (when available):
- Intro month passes when available must be purchased within one week of the free trial session.
- Intro month passes roll automatically onto a regular Unlimited membership upon expiry. A pro-rated payment is made to bring payment into line with the regular payment date of the 1st of the month. Payments can be cancelled without penalty at any time before the next payment date by emailing email@example.com.
- Only one intro month pass can be purchased per client.
- In the event that your face-to-face outdoor sessions cannot be delivered in this way due to any circumstances created by the COVID pandemic (or any other natural disasters or uncontrollable events) they will be delivered via a virtual face to face format instead.
- No refunds or mid-month holds will be made for a change in delivery due to uncontrollable circumstances.
- All members must comply with the current regulations and COVID safe recommendations (eg social distancing procedures, group sizes, hand hygiene, staying at home when unwell etc) in place at any given time.
Personal training conditions:
- 100% of the personal training fee may be payable (at the discretion of OzSquad) if a session is cancelled with less than 12 hours notice.
- 100% of the personal training fee is payable for a personal training session no-show.
Wet Weather Policy
Yes, even in the pouring rain – we are not made of sugar!
While it is undoubtedly harder to leave the house if it’s cold and rainy, we guarantee that by the end of the session you will be doubly pleased/smug that you did.
And as my Nan (and Billy Connolly) always says – there’s no such thing as the wrong weather, just the wrong clothes. Get the layers on and get out there!
*unless the weather poses a real and dangerous threat to your safety. Sorry, the cold and a bit of drizzle do not qualify as a real and dangerous threat… We have deemed it dangerous a grand total of twice since being in operation! Post COVID, we now also have the ability to deliver sessions virtually – should it be dangerous to be outside, your session will be via Zoom.
Informed Consent Release & Waiver
1. In consideration of participating in the exercise session (“the Activity”) whether face to face, virtual live, recorded or provided in writing, I agree and acknowledge that I am fully aware that participation may involve risks and I accept all the risks of participating, even if the risks are created by the act, omission, carelessness, negligence or gross negligence of OzSquad, Buggy Bootcamp or another related party (Released Party).
2. I agree and acknowledge that:
a) I understand that OzSquad exercise sessions will at times involve some hands on correction and I hereby consent for my trainer to work with me this way.
b) I am in proper physical condition to participate in the Activity, and am aware that participation could result in physical injury or death;
c) I understand my physical limitations and am sufficiently self-aware to stop physical activity before I become ill or injured;
d) My involvement in the Activity is completely voluntary and I am free to deny consent and withdraw from participating at any stage;
e) I am aware that if the activity occurs outdoors, the streets are open to regular traffic and I will obey all traffic laws and regulations;
f) I am responsible for ensuring that the place, furniture and equipment that I am using for completing the Activity is safe, free from hazards and fit for purpose;
g) Any equipment lent is used at the sole risk of the borrower. The Released Party makes no representation or warranty as to the fitness for use or condition of equipment items. In case of damage or loss, borrowers agree to pay the reasonable repair or replacement cost of the item.
h) Participants in the Activity must be current members of Buggy Bootcamp or OzSquad. Buggy Bootcamp and OzSquad are not liable for any injury, loss or damage suffered by any person participating in the Activity where that person is not a member of OzSquad or Buggy Bootcamp.
i) I will comply with all rules, regulations and laws relating to the conduct of persons in public spaces when participating in the Activity, including restrictions imposed by Federal, State and Local governments including but not limited to as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, and am solely responsible and liable for any fines, penalties or other consequences imposed as a result of my failure to comply with such rules, regulations and laws.
3. I hereby, for myself and for my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns, fully release, waive and forever discharge any and all rights or claims I may have, now or in the future, against any Released Party, even if the claims arise from the carelessness, negligence or gross negligence of a Released Party or anyone else. Without limiting the foregoing, I further release any recourse which I may now or hereafter have resulting from any decision of any released Party.
4. I agree not to claim from or sue any Released Party, even if the claim or suit arises from the act, omission, carelessness, negligence or gross negligence of any Released Party or anyone else. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless each Released Party from any loss or liability (including any reasonable legal fees they may incur) defending any claim or suit made by me or anyone else doing so on my behalf, even if the claim is alleged to or did result from the carelessness or negligence of any Released Party or anyone else.
5. I am aware that it is advisable to consult a physician prior to participating in the Activity. If I have consulted a physician, I have taken the physician’s advice.
6. I am aware that there is no obligation for any person to provide me with medical care during the Activity. I understand and acknowledge that: a) There may be no aid stations available for the Activity; and b) If medical care is rendered to me, I consent to that care if I am unable to give my consent at the time.
7. I acknowledge that the live, recorded and written forms of the Activity contain valuable intellectual property, which intellectual property is owned by OzSquad and Buggy Bootcamp. I agree that I will not, without the express written consent of OzSquad and Buggy Bootcamp, engage in any acts that would otherwise infringe the intellectual property rights in the Activity, including by reproducing or making copies of the Activity, or by publishing or communicating the Activity (including electronically, such as by email or social media) to any person who is not a current member of OzSquad or Buggy Bootcamp.
8. I consent to the use of my photograph(s), video(s), text or quote by OzSquad and any affiliates. I am aware that live virtual sessions may be recorded and playback circulated amongst members.
9. If any provision in this agreement shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
I confirm that I have read and understood these terms and that the information I have given is correct. I am aware that by checking the box in the waiver form and by joining as a member, I am waiving certain rights. I am not under any physical or emotional duress to sign. Any questions I have were answered to my full satisfaction
All information will be treated in the strictest of confidence and will not be passed on to third parties.